Under Cabinet Coffee Maker
Supermarkets these days are awash with different kinds of coffee-making devices, and it’s not just enough to waltz in and buy the first cool under cabinet coffee maker you can find. So, you’ve got to ask the right questions, seek reviews to understand the distinctive characteristics, then make necessary comparisons to see if it’s in the ballpark of what ‘does it’ for you as a coffee lover.
This way, you’re making a more informed decision for an under cabinet coffee maker that best suits you (and your kitchen space!) Here, we’ve hived out our top picks of under cabinet coffee makers that just might strike your fancy!
Why Should You Choose an Under Cabinet Coffee Maker?
People decide to own a coffee maker for a lot of reasons ranging from cost-effectiveness, the chance of exploration, convenience, environmental impact among other factors. But deciding to own an under cabinet coffee maker is a much more important decision that is heavily influenced by personal needs, preference, and other factors. Well above these deciding factors are some boxes to be checked on your wee hunt for an under cabinet coffee maker.
Ease of Use and Installation
Many under cabinet coffee makers can easily be installed; all that is needed is little effort, some conventional tools, and screws. This kind of coffee maker also comes with easy and uncomplicated programs and displays that make its use a walk in the park.
An under cabinet coffee maker makes for a certain level of ease and convenience that your daily queuing at Starbucks cannot offer. Nothing screams ‘convenience!’ louder than being able to brew your cuppa at the comfort of your home, bypassing all the endless queueing.
It Conserves Space
There’s no denying that one of the major factors to consider when buying regular types of coffee makers is their size because of the amount of space they can take up. Now, no one wants their coffee maker no matter how awesome, to stick out in their kitchen like a nose on a face. So, people with limited kitchen space or countertop space have a restricted choice of coffee makers to purchase.
However, this is not the same for under cabinet coffee makers. With their compact design, they serve as an excellent choice for homeowners with limited kitchen space or who are worried about ruining their kitchen’s overall décor. They may likewise be used by homeowners who are not worried about these factors.
It Avoids Breakage
Because many other coffee makers are usually positioned where they can easily be accessible, they run the risk of being broken or being tampered with especially around unwary adults or playful children.
An under cabinet coffee maker does not bear this risk because it is securely fastened, hence, it’s easily beyond the reach of playful children, cannot be easily toppled over by pets, and there is a limit to the breakage that can be done to it even by unwary adults.
Under-cabinet coffee makers come in numerous designs and colors, thereby making for a large pool of choice. This makes easy pickings for one that matches the overall interior décor of where it’ll be situated—kitchen, office space, etc.
What to look for
Not knowing the features to look out for in an under cabinet coffee maker is double the cost and stress of getting the right fit. So, before going to buy, there are some important factors you never want to lose sight of:
- Cost: The primary factor to consider when buying an under cabinet coffee maker is the cost of the machine in relation to your budget. This factor is particularly important if you are new to brewing your coffee. You don’t want to get an overly expensive or technical machine when you are just trying to find your feet in the field of coffee-making. This factor is also related to the frequency of your coffee consumption. You don’t want to get an expensive machine only to use it twice a month.
- Brewing Capacity: Another factor to consider when buying an under cabinet coffee maker is whether its brewing options agree with how you like your coffee. For one, the size of the machine must be consistent with the amount of coffee you brew usually. If you make coffee just for yourself most of the time, you may want to go for a small-sized under cabinet coffee maker. If on the other hand, you are one to invite others for a coffee date, then a small-sized machine might be a poor choice.
- Type of Filter: The type of filter that an under cabinet coffee maker has is relevant as it is connected to how your coffee turns out which ultimately affects your coffee preference. There are reusable filters and paper filters, both of which have different characteristics and determine coffee taste. Reusable filters allow coffee oil through, and so make for bolder brews. They are also cheaper and eco-friendly. Paper options on the other hand make for a smoother coffee, are more expensive and their use has an environmental impact.
- Length: The height of an under cabinet coffee maker is a considerable factor because it determines how conveniently it would fit under a cabinet. For perspective, a lowly fixed cabinet and a high one cannot accommodate the same length of under cabinet coffee maker.
How to use an Under Cabinet Coffee Maker
Under cabinet coffee makers are among the few coffee makers with ease of use. Even if you’re a novice, you can brew your cup by following these steps:
- Fill the carafe with fresh and clean water.
- Place the basket-shaped filter paper into the brew basket.
- Add the ground coffee beans and put the brew basket in place.
- Close the carafe lid.
- Push the ON button to start brewing.
- When the brewing cycle is complete, the timer will go off.
- Press the tab on the carafe to pour your coffee.
- Enjoy your coffee shot!
Best for Home
What’s ‘best’ in terms of specs of an Under Cabinet Coffee Maker may mean different things to people. For instance, size is one. While big coffee makers may be stealing a sizeable chunk of counter space, an under cabinet mountable coffee maker can be more appealing. To decide on what is best for you though, you should consider the factors stated above in relation to the design or setting you are looking to achieve for your home.
While trying to buy the best under cabinet coffee maker may seem a tough ask, these tips, and insights that we have dished out are bound to help you shine some light on your path to getting the best Under Cabinet Coffee Maker.
How to clean an Under Cabinet Coffee Maker?
Cleaning an under cabinet coffee maker should be done periodically so that its overtime use will not affect the coffee taste. This can be avoided by following these cleaning steps:
- Fill carafe halfway with water and the remaining half with white vinegar.
- Push the brew button.
- Let the water-vinegar solution sit for some minutes so it can soak up any mineral residue.
- Let it brew once more, and pour out the solution.
- Refill the carafe with warm water and repeat the brewing process.
- Pour out the water.
What is the Best Under Cabinet Coffee Maker?
Due to the varying level of needs and realities of consumers, it could prove quite tricky to outrightly recommend a particular coffee machine. This is because the concept of the best product is a relative one, as what a consumer finds best might not be shared by the next person. However, if the above-listed criteria are carefully considered, you will find a coffee maker that is best suited to your needs.
Where to buy an Under Cabinet Coffee Maker?
You can easily get an under cabinet coffee maker at any supermarket around you or from an online vendor.
Tags: what is the strongest coffee, coffee grinders reviews, best coffee percolator, decaf coffee benefits, how to make iced coffee at home, water for brewing coffee, decaf coffee beans, how to make coffee on the stove, tea from india, lavender flower tea