Turkish Coffee Pot
If you love coffee, then why not consider getting a Turkish coffee pot? You can choose a single pot or a Turkish coffee pot set. Deciding what to buy can be difficult but it is made easier by knowing the features and different types of pots you can find. We have compiled an excellent guide for you to choose the perfect Turkish coffee pot.
Benefits Of a Turkish Coffee Pot
There are some notable advantages to owning and using your own Turkish coffee pot. We have discussed these below.
- Convenience: A big benefit of the Turkish coffee pot, also known as Turkish Cezve, is that it does not take long for your coffee to get nice and hot. This means you do not have to wait long before your coffee is ready. This is one of the reasons the Cezve Turkish coffee pot was invented in the first place.
- The long handle: The pot has a long handle making it easy to grip and keeping you away from the heat source. This makes this coffee pot easier to lift onto and off of the stove without fear of burning yourself.
- Durable materials: Turkish coffee pots (also known as Cezve or Ibrik) are very durable and last a long time. They usually are made of copper or other strong material, which adds durability to the coffee pot.
- Economical to use: While you can buy great-tasting coffee from your local coffee house, it quickly gets expensive. Buying your own Cezve coffee pot and making your own cup of coffee saves money.
What To Look for In a Turkish Coffee Pot
- Size: The size of coffee pots varies from those that give a 1 to 2 cup serving, up to 10 cups. The size range is from 6 oz to 24 oz capacity. You need to choose the size of your pot based on how many people you expect to make coffee for.
- Material: Turkish coffee pots come in one of the following materials, each of which has its advantages:
- Copper is excellent in making sure the pot rapidly gains heat. A Turkish coffee pot made of copper is sometimes handmade.
- Stainless steel is a durable material that keeps your coffee at the correct temperature for longer, which is a big benefit. A stainless-steel Turkish coffee pot is more modern-looking.
- Brass is good for the longevity of your pot. A brass Turkish coffee pot is tough and does not rust.
- Glass is sometimes used to make coffee pots. A glass Turkish coffee pot is modern but is more fragile.
- Type of handle: Turkish coffee pots have different types of handles. The handle may be made of metal or wood. A wooden handle has the advantage over metal of not retaining heat so you are less likely to burn yourself compared with ones that have a metal handle.
- Price: The price of a Turkish coffee pot varies from about $14 to $44 and up depending on the type of materials used. A vintage Turkish coffee pot is likely to be expensive. Some pots are copper with engravings present. These cost more than a simple stainless-steel coffee pot. Size also influences price and you can expect to pay more for a larger coffee pot. Copper Turkish coffee pots are popular but the price may be higher than some other types.
How To Use a Turkish Coffee Pot?
To make a tasty cup of coffee in a Turkish pot (Cezve) you need to ensure you have finely ground coffee on hand, or you can grind your own. The next steps to take are as follows:
- Pour room temperature water into the pot.
- Next, add 1 or more teaspoons of sugar to the pot depending on how sweet you like your coffee to be.
- Stir the sugar so it evenly spreads through the water.
- Add a teaspoon of finely ground coffee. You can vary this depending on how many people you are serving and how strong you like your coffee to be. Put the coffee pot on the stove and turn on to a low heat setting.
- After 1 or 2 minutes you should stir slowly.
- When the coffee boils you will see foam on the surface.
- Take the pot off the stove before the foam overflows the pot.
Best Turkish Coffee Pot for Home. Practical advice for choosing?
Choose the pot that will best suit your needs, including your budget. For a family, a coffee pot of at least a 10 oz capacity is recommended, while a single person can buy a smaller pot.
The best Cezve for you is durable and has the typical shape, namely a narrow top, which expands to a base that is wider.
There are electric Turkish coffee pots, but these are usually considered coffee makers and are not the traditional Turkish coffee pot. You do get Turkish coffee pots with a lid, which does help keep the heat in.
It may seem hard when it comes to deciding on the best coffee-making device, but knowing what features to look out for can help make this an easy choice that suits your particular tastes and budget. I hope this article was interesting and helpful to you.
What Is Considered to Be the Best Material to Use When Making A Turkish Coffee Pot?
Copper is the material of choice when it comes to making a Turkish coffee pot because it heats up fast, so you can make a cup of coffee quickly and conveniently.
What Is a Turkish Coffee Pot Called?
A Turkish coffee pot is also known as a Cezve pot or Ibrik. The original name is Cezve, and this type of coffee pot was invented in the 16th century.
What Types of Turkish Coffee Pots Do You Get?
You can find Turkish coffee pots made of different materials like stainless steel, copper, and brass, and of different sizes up to 24 oz capacity. Some pots also have wooden handles while others have metal handles.
Tags: worlds best coffee, flavored coffee, coffee upset your stomach, what is coffee kopi luwak, how caffeine can make you tired, best electric tea kettle, medium roast coffee, the best ways to store coffee, green tea leaves, stainless steel coffee grinder