Siphon Coffee Maker
A siphon coffee maker is a unique coffee maker which makes use of a full immersion brewing system. It has a fascinating appearance and looks like something out of a sci-fi movie.
You must have encountered one of these in a few coffee shops over time but you were probably lost on its function. That is why we have compiled an excellent guide for you to choose a syphon coffee brewer that suits you. Here’s a table with our most recommended picks:
Benefits of a vacuum coffee maker
The benefits of having a syphon coffee brewer lie in the unique elements that make it distinct from other coffee makers. These advantages are outlined below:
- The vacuum: This is the most defining and important feature in the syphon coffee brewer, and is equally responsible for the purity that is typical of vacuum coffee. It achieves this purity by sucking caffeinated liquid back through the filter, extracting all the remnant flavor from the coffee grounds.
- Complete immersion method: While brewing, the vacuum coffee maker uses the complete immersion method. This implies that there is consistent contact between the coffee grounds and water all through the brewing process. Due to this complete immersion of coffee grounds, vacuum coffee always has a clearer appearance and a relatively lighter flavor.
- Continuous heating: The consistent application of heat for vacuum brewing coffee helps to achieve a higher level of quality control as regards the finished brew. While other methods of brewing require that the coffee grounds are run over by pre-heated water, the gravity coffee maker requires consistent heat. This is a great feature, as temperature is important in determining brew quality.
- Aesthetics: One of the reasons why you should get this coffee distiller is because of its intriguing design. Having to display a Japanese coffee maker on your kitchen top or your home would definitely leave your guests in awe.
What to look for in a Siphon coffee maker?
Here are important factors to consider when you want to get a vacuum coffee maker:
- Type of vacuum brewer: Choosing between the two types of brewers depends on your personal taste. The basic difference between the standalone type, and the stovetop type of syphon coffee brewer, apart from the stovetop vacuum coffee maker being more affordable, is the fact that the standalone vacuum coffee maker is more stylish, and has its built-in burner sitting below the bottom chamber. While the stovetop type is usually placed atop a stove for consistent heating. However, the quality of the brew produced by the two is the same.
- Brewing Amount: Other systems use different sizes during brewing, and it goes the same way with the vacuum coffee maker. In considering types as regards the syphon coffee brewer, you should consider how much love you have for coffee, as well as the size of your family. The usual range is between 3-8 cups for each brew, therefore you should pay close attention to the brewing volume of your desired unit.
- Price: This is a very important factor to consider when getting your siphon coffee maker. Your budget is important to you, therefore, you should work strictly with it. Depending on your sense of style, there are syphon coffee brewers with various price ranges for you. The fancier you are, the more you have to pay in acquiring your glass vacuum coffee maker.
How to use a Siphon coffee maker?
Here is a step-by-step instruction on the process involved in brewing coffee in a siphon coffee maker:
➔ Set aside your vacuum coffee maker, hot water, ground coffee, and measuring spoon, and get ready to prepare your coffee.
➔ Ensure that the lower chamber is filled with water, then begin to heat.
➔ Once the siphon commences filling the upper chamber with water, the coffee grounds are added and stirred immediately, after which the heat source is turned off.
➔ The caffeinated liquid present in the upper chamber will gradually drain into the lower chamber, and there’s the finished siphon method coffee available for your refreshment.
Best Siphon coffee maker for home
Depending on the peculiarities of your home, while looking out for a vacuum coffee maker, we would advise that you get one that suits you, fits your lifestyle, and fits in your kitchen perfectly.
If you are on a budget and have a ready heat source in your home, it is advisable that you choose the stovetop glass vacuum coffee maker. However, if you have an eye for aesthetics, and are comfortable with spending a little bit more, then you should choose the standalone gravity coffee maker.
In summary, choosing the best vacuum coffee maker for yourself should not be difficult if you can recognize the features and factors to look out for. With the proper guide, you are okay with making your vacuum coffee from the comfort of your home. We hope this article was helpful to you.
How does siphon coffee taste like?
Siphon coffee tastes rich, vibrant, and fully flavored. It gets its rich flavor from the full immersion of the coffee grounds. The size of the coffee grind also contributes to the coffee flavor.
How many cups can I brew one time?
This depends on the brewing capacity of your siphon coffee maker. Most coffee makers brew within a range of 3 to 8 cups at a time. Thus, checking the brewing capacity before buying it would help you determine the amount you can brew.
How difficult is it to use?
A glass vacuum coffee maker needs only a little knowledge or expertise on how to use it. The only challenge might be getting the right measurement for your coffee grind – this would be a walkover after a couple of times.
Where can I buy a siphon coffee maker?
You can buy a siphon coffee maker at a local store close to you. You can also check varieties of siphon coffee makers at online stores and compare their prices to find one that is suitable for you.
Tags: what is the strongest coffee, glass infuser teapot, how to choose a coffee roast, espresso machine and milk steamer, rooibos tea, cold brew coffee pitcher, vietnamese coffee maker, how to make a latte, best black tea brand, how to drink loose leaf tea