Having a perfect cup of coffee includes all the essentials: coffee grinders, a coffee brewer, and of course, a good frother. And if you are not well aware of the types, differences, and other relevant pieces of information, you might make a mistake when buying one. To save you the bad investment, here is a guide that would help you make the best choice on milk frothers.
Benefits of using a milk frother
The device that helps to create the famous coffee foam is a milk frother machine. It can also be called a milk foam maker or a coffee frother. It is used in many restaurants and cafe shops to generate an amazing cup of joe. But you might be wondering ‘why do I need a frother? I don’t own a coffee shop. Here’s why you need to change that thought right now;
- Regular coffee becomes a standard coffee: If you like a tasty, dense, and creamy coffee drink with foamy warm milk on top, then you need a milk foamer. Frothed milk on coffee makes the entire experience a lot better with each sip. You can also control how much milk you want.
- Start saving money: It has already been established that you would no longer have to pay to get your perfect cup of coffee. Once you buy the frother (which is inexpensive, by the way), you can stop spending $5 every day.
- Start saving time: Apart from the fact that you save money, you save time. You can cancel out the precious time you spend in a coffee shop waiting for your cup to be ready. With your frother, you can make your delicious cup of coffee at home.
- Don’t worry — it is easy to use and clean: We just thought of adding this, in case you thought of it. A frother is super easy to use and clean. So, you won’t have any issue when frothing your milk or cream.
Types of milk frothers
There are four types of coffee foamer: manual milk frother, electric frother, steam wands, and handheld milk frother.
Manual milk frothers create the foaming effect on any kind of milk without the need for electricity. And though it is the cheapest frother, it requires a lot of patience to use. It also needs you to actively make the foam yourself (using the device).
An electric milk frother, on the other hand, is more expensive option. It can either be a handheld frother or an automatic one. A handheld frother is the most portable type of milk frother. It is designed with a wand and a whisk at the end. The way to use this is to hold the wand and whisk the milk until it foams.
The difference between a steam wand and a handheld frother is that the steam wand is attached to a coffee machine. It is usually in professional settings and can be quite expensive.
What to look for in a milk frother?
Here is a buying guide that would help you make the best decision when buying a frother.
- Size — consider the size of your kitchen top or your storage space before buying a very big or small milk frother.
- Portability — if you are always going to be on the go, then you know a steam wand is not the best choice.
- Dishwasher safe — this is like a hack. If you can dip your frother in the dishwasher, then it would be super easy to clean. No stress.
- Weight — the same reason for considering the size. Look at the weight - if you are cool with it, then you can buy it).
- Frothing disc — if you would love to froth more than one drink, then buy a frother with multiple frothing discs.
- Capacity — buy a large capacity frother if you would be frothing milk/cream for many cups of beverage.
How to use a milk frother?
➔ Pour warm milk in a tall container (or cream, depending on your choice).
➔ Place the container at an angle of about 30o, then turn on the frother.
➔ As the bubbles form, move the machine up and down again.
➔ Then stop the machine after about 30 seconds.
Best milk frother for your home
This depends on the number of family members you have, your budget, and your family needs. If you have a large family, a frother with a large capacity will be the best option. Also, you can choose whether you need multiple frothing discs or single ones. If you are the only one in your home, then a handheld milk frother is most likely the best option for your home.
Though it might seem like it is a hard choice to pick the best frother, with the right criteria you would be able to make a good decision.
What is a milk frother?
It is a machine that creates an airy and foamy effects from milk. It works best with warm milk but a cold foam can also be gotten. You can also froth different types of milk or cream.
How to use a milk frother?
To use an electric frother, make sure that the plug is well connected. Then pour in your milk with the container at an angle. And turn it on.
What is the difference between a milk steamer and a frother?
A steamer causes your milk to be airy and foamy. While a frother makes your milk tastier and dense. Both are good things to do to your milk.
What temperature should the milk be?
Your milk should be around 135 to 150oF. Warm milk gives the best result. But when it is too hot, it can scald the milk.
Tags: sweetest coffee, rose petal tea, use coffee beans in an unusual way, can you reuse coffee filters, coffee that doesn't taste like coffee, hand coffee grinder, blooming flowering tea, types of green tea, cuban espresso, steam milk at home