Best Gooseneck Electric Kettle
Anyone who has purchased coffee and tea accessories understand what an incredibly wide selection there is. Coffee and tea accessory shopping can get overwhelming at times, but by understanding the details of different devices, you can easily select the best options on the market. This guide is designed to help you do just that, by explaining the ins and outs of the electric gooseneck kettle.
Electric Gooseneck Kettle Benefits
An electric gooseneck kettle is a preferred choice for many pour-over coffee enthusiasts, thanks to the benefits it offers.
- Control: With a gooseneck kettle, you can easily pour the water as quickly or as slowly as you want to. This shape also makes it easier to pour water with precision, eliminating the risk of splashing or an inconsistent pour.
- Consistency: Gooseneck kettles allow you to make consistent pour-over coffee, something that can be difficult to achieve and something which frustrates many new pour-over coffee drinkers. Pouring the same amount of water, at the same speed, distributed in the same way over all the grounds, is the only way to get consistent pour-over coffee.
- Taste: Having a high level of control over your pour allows you to control every other aspect of the brew so that you can make coffee exactly to your preferences. And thanks to the consistency that gooseneck kettles offer, you can have this perfect coffee every single morning once you figure out how you prefer to brew it.
Types of Gooseneck Electric Kettle
You might think that gooseneck electric kettles are a niche enough accessory on their own, but there are even different types of gooseneck electric kettles, allowing you to choose exactly the specifications you’d like. Some options for different types include:
- Programmable temperature gooseneck electric kettle: Heats water to desired temperature, but may not hold
- Temperature hold gooseneck electric kettle: Retains heat to keep water hot for longer
- Temperature gauge gooseneck electric kettle: Built-in thermometer indicates temperature of water, but temperature may not be programmable or maintained over time
These different types of gooseneck electric kettle features all allow you to brew your coffee at exactly the temperature you prefer, it’s just a matter of selecting which type of temperature control is most effective for you. There are also some other variations that you should be aware of, which we’ll discuss in the next section.
What to Look for in a Gooseneck Electric Kettle
There is no “right” or “wrong” in these kettle variations, but you should be aware of the different options so that you can choose the best gooseneck electric kettle for you.
- Size: Gooseneck electric kettles come in different sizes to hold different quantities of water. Larger kettles are useful for brewing large pots of coffee, but they can also take longer to heat up and make your coffee brewing less efficient. It’s generally best to select the kettle size that is closest to the amount of water you typically need.
- Material: This type of kettle is most commonly made from metal, like stainless steel, but they are also available in glass or ceramic models. Material doesn’t impact the function of the kettle much, but they can look drastically different, so you may want to choose the material that fits best with the design of your kitchen.
- Price: You can find gooseneck electric kettles to fit any budget, depending on what you want and how much you’re willing to invest. Models with extra bells and whistles tend to be more expensive, but if this isn’t important to you, then a minimalist design might save you money.
Best Gooseneck Electric Kettle for Home
Any electric gooseneck kettle can be easily used at home. The best option for you depends on your preferences, the lifestyle of your household, and the design of your house. With the information in this guide, you should be able to find an electric gooseneck kettle that meets all of your needs.
Although it may seem like a difficult task to choose the right coffee-making accessories, having the right information can actually make it pretty straightforward. We hope that this guide will be useful to you in your coffee shopping journey!
Why use a gooseneck electric kettle?
Many people prefer to use a gooseneck electric kettle for pour-over coffee. This is because the shape of the kettle spout and the efficiency of the electric kettle make it easy to brew delicious, consistent coffee every morning. Gooseneck electric kettles can also be used for tea, hot chocolate, or other beverages that require hot water.
What is a gooseneck kettle good for?
A gooseneck kettle is good for any task that requires precision pouring, such as pour-over coffee. People who brew their coffee with this method often think that the gooseneck kettle is the best type of kettle to use, because they make it easy to wet all of the coffee grounds equally and at an even rate, keeping your coffee consistent.
Are gooseneck kettles better?
Gooseneck kettles are not necessarily “better” than other types of kettles, as everything is subjective and depends on your personal needs. That said, gooseneck kettles can be better for pour-over coffee and other precise pouring tasks because they allow you to control the speed and direction of the pour quite easily. If you are a pour-over coffee drinker, this may be the best kettle for you.
What can I use instead of a gooseneck kettle?
You can use any type of kettle to boil water, and the primary purpose will still be accomplished: the water will reach a boiling temperature. However, if you want to pour the water in a precise way, without splashing or inconsistent speed, there aren’t many designs that can match the electric gooseneck kettle.
Can you boil water in a gooseneck kettle?
Gooseneck kettles are made for boiling water! Whether you intend to use that water for coffee, tea, ramen, oatmeal, or anything else that might come up, a gooseneck kettle is a perfectly acceptable way to boil the water. What’s more, that boiled water will pour easily and precisely thanks to the gooseneck kettle’s design.
Tags: worlds best coffee, coffee blooming, should you brush your teeth before or after coffee, best turmeric tea, the best ways to store coffee, gooseneck kettle, how to clean a coffee pot, water for brewing coffee, blade grinder, types of tea