A glass teapot is an essential tool for making your tea brewing experience easier and artistic. Since glass teapots are made in different sizes and designs, choosing one might be a bit tedious. However, we have prepared this guide for you to make your purchase decision easier and faster.
Benefits of a Glass Teapot
- Aesthetics: Glass teapots are artistic: The translucent glass attribute of the glass teapot makes tea brewing a sight to behold.
- Durability: The glass teapots are made of toughened glasses which makes them durable.
- Versatility: They can be used with different types of tea infusers, including bamboo and stainless steel infusers.
- Microwave-safe: You can use glass teapots in the microwave.
What to Look Out for In a Glass Teapot
Ready to choose your glass teapot set? Below are things you should look out for before choosing one:
- Durability: Glass teapots are made with toughened glass that cannot easily crack or shatter. However, some of the glass teapots are stronger than others. Note that the borosilicate glass teapot is the most durable glass teapot that you can come across.
- Handle type: Glass stovetop teapots usually become very hot when brewing tea. That means that you will have a tough time lifting it if the handle is not heat resistant. The good news is most modern glass teapots handles are insulated or heat resistant, which solves the problem of using the teapot when hot.
- Size of the glass teapot: Glass teapots are made in different sizes. For someone who brews tea in large quantities, a large glass teapot will be a suitable option. If you are getting a glass teapot for personal use, you should get a small glass teapot instead. Just make sure you choose a glass teapot size that suits your purpose.
- Glass teapot type: There is the glass teapot with infuser, whether removable or built-in, and there is also the glass teapot with strainer. The work of the infuser and strainer is to keep out the tea leaves from your tea. However, there are also some without an infuser or strainer, which means you need a separate strainer to remove the tea leaves from your tea.
- Also, watch out for a glass teapot with warmer for ease of use. The warmer feature allows you to keep your tea warm for a longer period.
- Convenience: The Glass teapot stovetop safe is more convenient to use. They can either be used over gas or electric stovetop. You should choose an electric glass teapot as they are even more convenient than gas. Choose a stovetop safe teapot instead of one that requires you to boil water separately before brewing your tea in the teapot.
Types of Glass Teapot
Glass teapots are classified based on the type of glass used in making them. All the types of glass teapots listed below are either electric or manual.
- Borosilicate glass teapots: Borosilicate glass teapots are the most durable of all other glass teapots. This is so because they are made of boron trioxide and silica, which makes them shatter-resistant.
- Tempered glass teapots: Tempered glass teapots are made with glass that has been strengthened by chemical and thermal treatment. They also don’t break easily because of the toughness of the glass layers.
- Single wall clear glass teapots: They are made of a layer of glass and are not as expensive as the other types of glass teapots.
- Double-wall clear glass teapots: These types of glass teapots are made with double layers of glass. The double glass keeps the tea warm for a long time.
Best Glass Teapot for Home
Check the tips below to pick the best glass teapot for your home:
- Pick an electric glass teapot over any other type of glass stovetop teapot for convenience.
- Select a large glass teapot if you make your tea in large quantities.
- Don’t forget to select a durable glass teapot type like the borosilicate glass teapot.
- Choose a glass teapot with a good spout design to avoid drips while serving your tea.
With the guide above, you should now be able to pick out a suitable glass teapot with ease. I hope you found this article helpful while shopping for a glass teapot for your home. Have fun shopping!
How to use a glass teapot?
Pour your preferred mix of tea, fruits, and leaves into the infuser. Place the infuser into the teapot. Pour hot water into the infuser, replace the lid, and brew for preferred time. Remove the infuser and serve your tea. Clean immediately after use to avoid stains.
How to use glass teapot with infuser?
Here is how to use a glass infuser teapot to make your tea: Place the infuser into your glass teapot. Scoop the proper amount of tea into the infuser. Pour hot water and cover the infuser with the lid. Allow it steep for about 5 minutes. Remove the infuser and serve your tea.
How to make tea in a glass teapot?
Here is how to make tea using a glass teapot with an inbuilt infuser; Scoop desired tea into the infuser and replace the lid. Brew until you achieve your desired tea and serve.
Will I Burn Myself If I Touch the Handle of The Teapot?
That depends on the material your teapot handle is made of. If it is heat resistant, you will not suffer a burn. But if it is not insulated, you can get burned lifting the teapot without a protector like heat resistant gloves.
How much tea do I need to put in the teapot?
That would depend on the size of your teapot and your preference. You can put as much tea as you want, provided the teapot has the capacity. It is advisable not to fill the teapot to the brim to avoid spillage while the tea brews.
Tags: best tasting coffee, coffee blooming, How to Make the Best Espresso, how to brew white tea, coffee maker with grinder, flavored green tea, cbd in coffee, can coffee help hangovers, french press milk frother, matcha tea benefits