Best Flavored Tea
Ever taken a cup of tea before and it tasted like fruit, spice, or herb you were familiar with? Well, you were taking flavored tea. This article is all about flavored tea and all the many things you need to learn about it.
What is Flavored Tea?
These teas are made from leaves like every other tea. The uniqueness is that the leaves serve as a base while the additional flavor is added to make the tea much more tasteful. This is what makes it different and unique.
The flavors used in these teas can be gotten from different sources. The sources include spices, flowers, nuts, or even flavor extracts from items like ginger, lemon, and other spices.
Flavored Tea can be traced to ancient Egypt and China where they were brewed for their great tastes and health benefits.
Benefits of Flavored Tea
The best flavored green tea gets its flavorings from natural sources like nuts, flowers, and spices. These different natural sources add more than just sweetening to the tea. They all have the health benefits that they bring along. Here are a few health benefits of taking these types of tea.
- Great source of antioxidants: Most flavored herbal teas are a great source of antioxidants that inhibit free radicals in the body, preventing diseases like cancers and heart attacks. It also protects cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Boosts immune system: Flavored green tea can help to boost the immune system and strengthen the body to fight against diseases and infections. Also, it can improve cardiovascular health and help in the control of body weight. A classic example of this is ginger flavored tea
- Protects brain cells: While many caffeinated drinks help you to stay alert, they have a reverse effect on your brain cells. Flavored lose leaf tea offers the same alertness while protecting the brain cells from different kinds of diseases. An example of this is chai tea.
- Aids digestion: Best flavored tea bags can help you achieve better digestion. They can prevent bloating and also help with gases in the digestive tracts. They can also protect you from foodborne bacterial infections. Examples are mint-flavored tea, peppermint flavored tea, and chai flavored tea.
- Protects the heart and aids blood circulation: Help with blood circulation. They can also strengthen and protect the heart against issues like heart attacks. A classic example is a thyme-flavored tea.
- Lowers cholesterol: People with high cholesterol levels can benefit from consuming flavored teas. They can help to lower their cholesterol levels and keep them regulated. A classic example of a tea that offers such benefits is chai-flavored tea.
- Can aid weight loss: Certain flavored teas help with weight loss and control. A typical example is mint tea. With this tea, you can suppress your appetite during your fasts and also keep your body weight under control.
- Helps with allergies: Drinking this tea can also help with different kinds of allergies. A classic example is Mint tea. This is listed because it can handle multiple allergies. It can help you soothe the after-effects of allergies, so you can go on about your daily activities. There are many other benefits you can get from drinking flavored green tea. Every flower, fruit, nut, spices, or herb that can be used in the production comes with tons of benefits. The taste and flavoring that they bring to the tea is one huge benefit. But each also brings unique benefits to the body and the mind.
Origin, Regions of Growing
Flavored teas can be traced back to ancient China and Egypt where they were a part of everyday life. They were brewed for their great taste and health benefits. Today, these teas are brewed in most parts of the world as the knowledge of how to make them has spread globally. People now use the flavors that exist naturally around them to make them.
Types of Flavored Tea
Considering the way these teas are made, it would be impossible to try to list out all the different types available. So we would be classifying these teas by their sources.
Flower flavored tea
This kind of tea gets its flavor from flowers. Examples of this kind of tea include rose-flavored tea, jasmine flavored tea, and tea flavored ice cream. It also includes the best flavored green tea, etc.
Fruit flavored tea
Fruit flavored teas get their flavor sources from fruits. Examples of these kinds of flavored teas include orange-flavored teas, lemon-flavored teas, peach-flavored teas, etc.
Spice flavor tea
These kinds of teas use spices as their flavor. Examples include ginger flavored tea, peppermint flavored tea, mint, flavored tea, thyme flavored tea, etc.
Herbal flavored tea
Herbal flavored teas use herbs as their flavor source. An example is a chamomile flavored tea which comes in flavored tea bags and also in loose forms. Other herbal flavored teas include flavored green tea and flavored black tea.
Wine flavored tea
Wine flavored teas use wine flavors to add some unique taste to the tea. Most times fruit wine flavors are used. There are also red wine flavored teas too.
Other flavored teas
Other kinds of flavored teas do not sit in the categories listed above. An example is chocolate-flavored tea and decaf flavored tea. Another that seems to stand as a category but isn’t it’s flavored iced tea. These are teas with different flavors but iced.
What to look for in a flavored Tea
These teas are supposed to be made from natural sources and flavorings. What you want to check for when purchasing flavored tea is its originality. Was it made from natural sources? There are artificial additives. If there are artificial additives, please do not buy them. Look for ones that are made from natural sources.
Best Flavored Tea for you
Different people have different tastes when it comes to these types of tea. What might be great for the goose might not be great for the gander. There is no consensus regarding which flavored tea is best for you.
Flavored teas are very nice and great for your health. With this guide, you can navigate the world of flavored teas and make the best of it. Bon appetite!
Which tea flavor is best?
None! No tea has won the unanimous award of the best tea in the universe. People's tastes vary and that alone is enough reason to believe there is no single best flavor.
What is the most popular flavor of hot tea?
Flavored Black tea is very popular in the United States and is used around the country to make all different kinds of tea recipes and related delicacies. Peach-flavored tea is also very popular among people in the USA.
What is the tastiest flavored tea in the world?
There is no consensus regarding this. Different people will believe differently as they have different preferences. So we cannot categorically choose one flavored tea as the best.
How many tea flavors are there?
This is an impossible question to answer. This is because adding a flavor to tea is easy. It can be done by anyone. There are tons of flavors around the world that are being added to tea. Trying to count would be futile.
Tags: which coffee is the best, healthier alternatives to using sugar in coffee, percolator coffee ratio, best auto drip coffee maker, manual milk frothers, classic italian espresso machine, best darjeeling tea, red eye coffee, pour over coffee filters, silicone tea infuser