You’re reading this with a cuppa in your hand, aren’t you? In recent years. Nay, decades, coffee consumption has become so commonplace that the idea of going a day without coffee has become straight out of a nightmarish figment of our imaginations (hello, Coffeeholics!) Want proof? Research shows that American coffee consumption eats soda, juice, and tea (combined) for breakfast!
With a swell of coffee options being added each year—flavored coffee and unflavored, sweetened and unsweetened coffee—it takes special knowledge of aficionado proportions to help you explore the variations of coffee till you find ‘the right one’ to rocks your boat.
Oh, and your coffee-hugging taste buds too! If you’re looking for flavorful coffee that is every bit as easy on the eyes (and your taste buds too!) as it is binge-worthy, then breathe a sigh of relief.
In this post, we’ll give you a peek into an assortment of best-flavored coffee, the ‘how-to’s behind their brewing styles, and other deets on these one-of-a-kind flavors that just might tickle your fancy!
Flavored Coffee Features
- Aroma: Imagine walking into a superstore where you can identify items from their price tags—flavored coffees got a distinctive aroma that works pretty much that way. The aroma of a particular coffee is a function of a blend of so many other characteristics namely: its acidity, smell, body, (whether full-bodied or not) its bitterness or sweetness, and the aftertaste it leaves on the taste buds.
- Texture: A considerable number of best-flavored coffee have a rich and smooth texture, even if they do not possess that creamy consistency that they have become famed for.
- Distinctive Tastes: Some kinds of flavored coffee have a fruity tasted, some others, for instance, chocolate-flavored coffee, have a nutty taste due to the presence of nuts like hazelnut, almond, etc.
- French Vanilla: A true classic, the french Vanilla is a comforting, fragrant taste that pairs well with anything from ice cream to bourbon. Because vanilla's softness makes it easy to overpower, it's usually employed as a complement to stronger tastes like coffee's robust flavor. It also works better with light or medium-roasted beans. All you need to make a french vanilla-flavored cuppa is a few drops of vanilla extract or a French vanilla-infused creamer.
- Chocolate Coffee Flavor: Chocolatey-flavored coffee is one of, if not the most widely known breeds of flavored coffee (hello cappuccino!) Most chocolate-flavored coffee like Caffe Mocha, Caramel Chocolate Decaf Coffee, and Chocolate Strawberry which is known for its creamy dark chocolate-y taste with plump strawberries and a hint of cream—not to mention that it is surprisingly low in calorie count.
- Butterscotch: Brown sugar and butter combined together create a delicious blend that could have you hooked. Originally caramel, it also packs a strong punch of that molasses taste. If you’re a coffeeholic, this one is defo not one for you to ponder on. It’s a yes-yes! Whether in fresh black espresso or if you’re looking for a unique twist—caramel macchiato, butterscotch’s influence in a cup even extends to limiting the acidity in your cup. This makes it really enjoyable if you don’t have the strongest taste buds.
- Peppermint: Yeap! You heard that right. Though not what you would expect when your best-flavored coffee comes to mind, peppermint makes for a unique cuppa with a menthol-rich aroma. One way to give pepper-mint coffee a swirl is to splash some peppermint schnapps in a dark roast black coffee. Peppermint quashes the bitterness of the black beans and gives a refreshing, reinvigorating feel that exquisitely complements the spike your coffee cup is primed to serve you.
Benefits of Flavored Coffee
There have been reports on the many benefits of flavored coffee. Some of them are worth taking stock of, and we’ll proceed to draw out a list of some of these perks below:
- It tastes great: The weird practice of flavoring coffee pays homage to decades of history spanning 1960 till date. Then, coffee companies faced economic difficulties buying high-quality coffee beans due to the high costs of coffee beans. Due to the ever-teeming demand, they improvised flavors from lower-quality beans seasoned with oils to mask the brew's bitterness, and give it an even better taste.
- It Boosts Your Immune System: The presence of antioxidants in flavored coffee beans helps to build the immune system, thereby protecting your body against diseases.
- It Helps to Improve Your Mood: The presence of chemicals like dopamine and acetylcholine in flavored coffee, for instance, chocolate-flavored coffee beans help to improve your mood by helping you promote serotonin levels in your brain. This’ll help stabilize your mood and further enhance your wellbeing.
How to Choose
As much as we’d love to admit that there’s no hard and fast rule to choosing the best chocolate flavored coffee, there are some qualities that you wanna look out for.
- Arabica: For all their fragile nature, the Arabica plants have a far better taste than the robusta. If you want not only the best brew for your coffee but also significant value for money, then you should look out for a 100% arabica-infused coffee.
- Set realistic expectations for the price: Like your coffee, you’re likely to get burnt if you’re ‘cheap’ in your quest for the best-flavored coffee. Being willing to squeeze in a little extra sometimes can make the difference in quality—which often translates into a better cup of Joe.
- Double-check Quality testing: Customarily, and in compliance with what is the industry standard, coffee makers often go through phases of quality control, and many of these third-party testers and coffee manufacturers post at least part of this information online. Whether physical flaws or roast uniformity or even formal cupping, you want to make sure these checks that have been carried out are authentic.
Admittedly, with the seemingly endless options, choosing the best-flavored coffee to purchase can involve loads of head-scratching, careful consideration of what your taste buds will thank you for, and the momentary indecisions that follow. That said, our guideline offers effective, resourceful guidance that’ll nudge you in the right direction.
What Is Best Flavored Coffee?
When it comes to Coffee Flavors, there’s a multiplicity of options that mean you can be lost for choice. Flavors are peculiar to our preferences and cravings as coffee lovers but word has it that Vanilla Lattes are the most sought after in coffee shops like Starbucks. Mocha too—a tastefully curated blend of coffee, chocolate, and milk. It’s perfect for children who are just starting their foray into their flavorful affair with coffee.
Is Flavored Coffee Good for You?
There are a lot of health benefits that flavored coffee holds for you. For one, it helps improve blood flow, aiding digestion, stimulating cognitive function, among other things. It’s also compatible with your keto diet as it doesn’t have any carbohydrates due to the makers adding oil-based flavors to the formula during the roasting process.
Is Flavored Coffee Healthy?
It goes without saying that flavored coffee is loaded with a chock full of minerals and nutrients. A few of these nutrients help to build the body’s defense against diseases. In the long run, you could never go wrong with running a quick search on the properties of your flavored Joe (especially on the beans!) before taking some of that ‘flavorful goodness’ all in.
What Does Flavored Coffee Taste Like?
Flavored coffee tastes just like your normal coffee, but with a hint of your preferred flavor in it. A nice-tasting flavored coffee would normally explore the boundaries of the coffee taste, the flavor, and of course, the mystery of the in-betweens, with no flavor overreaching the other.
Where to Buy Flavored Coffee?
Your best-flavored coffee could easily be one of the most popular coffee flavors and should need no introduction. You can easily get it at any coffeehouse or Starbucks (did you seriously think we won’t mention Starbucks?) around you.
Tags: delicious coffee, how to froth milk without a frother, best turmeric tea, silicone drinking straws, why is arabica coffee so popular, what is assam tea, pre ground coffee, hanging coffee cups under cabinet, home coffee station, cold brew maker