Cold Brew Coffee Maker
You don't always have to reach a coffee shop before you find quality good cold brew coffee. The best cold brew maker sitting somewhere in your house is enough to bring a coffee shop into your home. Cold brew coffee is preferred for its low acidity, less bitterness, and its more pronounced flavor.
However, cold brew coffee is not an easy drink to prepare at home. Many people will prefer to go to coffee shops or buy from bottles because it's a stressful drink to make, except maybe with the best cold brew coffee maker. There are various styles to consider with a cold brew maker, and if you're buying a cold brew coffee maker for the first time, you'll be as hell confused. Understanding the features, styles, and details to watch out for in a cold brew coffee maker will help you pick the best ones available on the market.
Why Should You Choose it?
I assume that if you're here, you know that a cold-brew coffee is not the same as putting some ice cubes in your regular brewed coffee. If you had a cold brew coffee machine to make cold brew coffee, it would be great. It takes some time, and it is brewed cold, unlike regular coffee, which is brewed with hot water. I'll list reasons you should consider cold brew coffee makers:
- Cold Brew Coffee: A cold coffee is a highly preferred form of coffee, and you cannot make it by putting your hot coffee in a refrigerator. Hot coffee extracts everything out of your coffee, but in the process, the fats, natural oils, and soluble in the coffee gets warm and lose chemical structure. Cold brew coffee uses a technique that highlights the floral and fruity details in the coffee. In addition, it tones down the bitter stale flavor typically identified with coffee. Instead of heat, cold brew coffee uses the time to extract the same substances but keep their chemical structure intact.
- Low Acidity: The brewing process of cold brew coffee makers is mild compared to your regular coffee maker. This makes it 67% less acidic than different types of coffee. It's a safer drink to go for if you experience stomach issues or heartburns. It can ease the discomfort that can come from drinking hot coffee.
- Longer Shelf Life: The longer shelf life allows you to imbibe a culture preparing the whole coffee you'll require every morning for a week. Cold-brew coffee can be refrigerated for up to 10 days, so it makes sense to have it that way if you're usually busy. It should compensate for the time it takes to prepare it as well.
What To Look for In a Cold Brew Coffee Maker
In picking the best cold brew coffee maker for yourself, you need to understand what features are most important to you. First, ask yourself what you want out of a cold brew coffee pitcher. This section will cover the most important things to consider before you pick a cold brew coffee maker:
- Ease of Use: Your cold coffee brew maker must be easy to use and factor into your purchase decision. Home brewing apparatus always require some extra level of technical details so it's safe to go for coffee makers that are very easy to use.
- Size: Size is an important factor to watch out for when choosing a cold brew coffee pitcher. It would be best if you considered how much coffee you want to make. Small size may not serve the quantity of coffee you want, and a large size might make it problematic to store. Tall brewers may not fit into your fridge or take up a lot of space. In conclusion, opt for cold brew makers with a slim profile and combine brewer and serving carafe.
- Filter Type: The two main filters for cold brew makers are paper and stainless steel. The cold brew filter helps achieve a sediment-free but could also pose problems if the filter is broken. Generally, paper filters do the job better, but it has its downsides. So, if you're fine with some extra sediment that comes with metal cold brew filters, you'll be fine.
How To Use?
Here's a step-by-step process to make cold brew coffee using a cold brew maker:
- Using a tablespoon, add your desired quantity of coarsely ground coffee in the filter. Cover the lid when you're done.
- Fill the cold brew with water, usually 4 cups of water to a cup of coffee. Then lower the filter into the water, and shake for several seconds to wet the ground coffee.
- Store it in the refrigerator to brew for about 12 - 24 hours. You can shake the pitcher occasionally to ensure water circulation.
- After proper brewing, remove the filter, rinse the lid, and seal the lead airtight. The filter can be placed in another cup for some additional flavor.
- Serve it the way you like it.
Best Cold Brew Coffee Maker for Home
Stating the best cold brew coffee maker may be subjective. Coffee makers often differ in subtle features that could affect their use. There are several good best cold brew coffee makers on the market that you'll have too many options for. There are as many good products as bad ones out there but at times, what you need is a single recommendation that will serve you well.
The OXO Cold Brew Maker is a stainless-steel cold brew maker that could easily pass as the best cold brew coffee maker. It allows for even distribution of water which enhances complete brewing and optimal flavor extraction. It has its bright side and would properly serve what you'll need most out of a coffee maker, but there are various available options. You can check our list above.
In summary, picking the best cold brew coffee maker for yourself should not be so hard if you know what to look out for. With the proper criteria, you are doing all right with making your cold brew coffee from your home.
How to Clean a Cold Brew Coffee Maker?
Cleaning your cold brew coffee machine is a bit of a task. You'll need to wash it inside out with soap and water. In other cases, however, coffee residues may clog the insides, requiring a thorough cleaning.
What Coffee to Use for a Cold Brew Coffee Maker?
You're to use coarsely ground coffee for your coffee machine. When you buy coffee from the grocery store, you can grind it there if it's not already ground. You can also buy already ground coffee from the grocery.
What is the Best Cold Brew Coffee Maker?
There are several good cold brew coffee makers available in the market if you know the criteria to consider. If that's a little bit stressful, check our top ten lists of cold brew makers. They include the best cold brew coffee makers you can find.
Where to Buy a Cold Brew Coffee Maker?
Cold brew coffee makers are sold virtually everywhere. In the stores close to you and every online retail store. They are the regular products that are not so hard to find.
Tags: worlds best coffee, how does a french press work, best coffee grinder for cold brew, pour over coffee maker, milk frothers, low caffeine tea, coffee percolator stovetop, espresso coffee maker with grinder, how to roast coffee beans in the oven, best coffee beans for pour over