Coffee is the most famous and appreciated beverage in the world that as far we know has been used for consumption since the 1600s. Unlike today, coffee makers of the past implemented different methods for preparing coffee, usually involving a piece of cloth to filter the drink.
The most common practice, invented by Turkish coffee makers was boiling ground coffee in water, and sugar in a pot before simply pouring it into a cup. Although this brewing method is still used by the majority of coffee makers around the world, advanced technology has had a strong influence on the methods of coffee making. Nowadays, anyone can prepare a famous beverage with coffee machines. Some of the best coffee makers use espresso machines. All of these developments have made the experience of making coffee very convenient.
Modern Coffee Making Process
A variety of methods have been introduced over the years for preparing coffee such as the French press, and the standard practice of Drip Coffee. In the early days of coffee discovery, manually making coffee was an aggravating task, however, in the modern-day coffee makers have not only made the process easier but have also improved the coffee experience itself. Now, you can make the perfect cup of coffee for yourself with the help of a coffee maker.
Different types of coffee makers have been invented over the years. Unlike the past, modern coffee makers are mostly automatic and prepare coffee at exceeding rates. The methods for making coffee have remained consistent, and with the help of a coffee maker, it becomes easier to implement those methods. For instance, Drip Coffee Makers uses the standard dripping method for brewing coffee, however, it prepares coffee at an adequate rate and can brew for a crowd or a single person.
- Drip Coffee Maker: The best coffee maker features a sleek design with a programmable filter and an adjustable keep-warm feature. It also features an automatic shut-off system and a cleaning cycle.
Learn how to easy clean a coffee maker.
- Moccamaster: One of the highest quality coffee makers that meet the Golden Cup Standard of Specialty Coffee Association. It features an automatic shut-off system, is easy to operate, and brews at an exceeding rate.
- Hot Thermal Carafe: An all-in-one coffee maker that features a thermal carafe, and a Cold-Brew system making cold coffee. It is the perfect coffee maker for home with its adjustable brew strength and temperature settings. Can also prepare tea.
- Precession Brewer: An excellent coffee maker with a wide range of adjustable brewing options, temperature settings, adjustable flow rates, and a Gold Cup mode. It also features 6 different brewing modes.
- VertuoPlus: One of the best coffee makers that not only brews the coffee at an astounding rate but also makes espresso as well. It features an automatic shut-off system and a wide range of beverage types.
Must-have Coffee Accessories
In this day and age, having a good cup of coffee is an integral part of most people's daily routine. Even though you may have one of the best coffee makers at home that satisfies your needs, certain accessories will make your coffee experience a more fruitful one.
The following accessories are a must-have for coffee lovers:
Grinding your own coffee beans is a simple, yet effective change that improves the flavor of your daily cup of coffee. A simple coffee grinder will be crucial for extracting maximum flavor from whole coffee beans. There are different kinds of grinders as well, most electric grinders are compact and consist of a removable canister. Nowadays grinders are built-in with coffee makers which makes the process all the more convenient.
For nit-pickers, and French Press lovers, a thermometer is a valuable item for making the perfect cup of coffee. These types of thermometers measure the temperature of the water which will ultimately affect the taste of coffee. Thermometers promptly deliver fast and accurate results of the water temperature before the water is poured into the coffee maker to prepare the perfect cup of coffee.
Although certain coffee makers have adjustable temperature systems, they do not exactly reheat a ready-made batch of coffee. For such instances, the electric pot kettle with adjustable temperature settings is needed. The kettle reheats the water to the temperature it was set to and holds the temperature at that number up to 30 minutes. It is a must-have for anyone making second pour-overs while the previous one is being reheated.
Cold Brew Kit
A cold brew kit features a mason jar with stainless steel filter. Although brewing cold coffee is a slower process, it unlocks a smoother coffee flavor that tastes just right. It is a vital kit for cold coffee lovers.
Types of Coffee Makers
Statistically speaking, about 2 billion cups of coffee are consumed every day, and with good reason too. It is not surprising that almost every household has a coffee maker in their kitchen. However, the type of coffee maker they have will differ with the type of coffee they brew. While there are many types of coffee makers, the top three are:
- Drip Coffee Maker - It was previously mentioned that drip coffee makers are the popular staple of coffee machines worldwide. In fact, drip coffee makers are so widely famous, they can be found in nearly every house, and coffee shop due to their affordability, reliability, and ease of use. Moreover, they can produce enough coffee for four drinkers.
- Espresso Machines - Espresso machines cost less than most coffee makers, and although they can produce a great deal of expresso and aerate froth, brewing espressos can be tedious. However, for genuine expresso lovers, it is well worth going through this process once the technique is mastered, and the rich flavor is extracted. Espresso machines are well-known for producing the rich aroma and taste of coffee beans that are usually lost during grinding.
- French Press Coffee Makers - The French Press is the go-to coffee maker for perfectionists, and so on. The French press coffee makers are easy to use, easy to clean, and are compact. Therefore, they can be taken anywhere making it the perfect coffee maker for travelers. There conveniently is what we have noted here but they also make a killer cup of coffee.
How To Choose The Best Coffee Maker?
When it comes to choosing the best coffee maker it is always recommended to purchase according to your needs. Comparing all the features of the given options, and assessing which one is best suited as per your needs, will make the buying a lot easier.
These features include;
- Quantity of coffee;
- Cost of product;
- Type of coffee produced.
These features are the standard of comparison. They help with the following
- The quantity of cups is the first factor to consider. The right coffee maker produces enough cups of coffee for you and anyone else in the household.
- Secondly, the cost of a coffee maker should be considered, so that it stays within the affordability range.
- Thirdly, the ease of use, how easy it is to use the coffee maker, and how well you can be accustomed to it is an important factor worth considering.
- Lastly, the type of coffee it produces. Whether you prefer espresso, drip coffee, two-mug coffee, and or cold-brew coffee, choose the coffee maker that is best suited to your lifestyle.
We hope this article has been a helpful guide to our readers, and a point of reference whenever you want to purchase anything related to coffee. We have listed all the key factors and described the vulnerable criteria for selecting the right coffee. We are certain this article will be helpful for all your coffee-related needs.
How long do coffee makers last?
An average coffee maker lasts for 5 years, however, it depends on the quality of the product. Some can last for up to 10 years, while others last longer than that. It really comes down to the brand of coffee makers, and how it is used by consumers.
What temperature do coffee brewers at?
For optimal extraction, the brewer should be in the range of 195-205 Fahrenheit. This will be approximately 95 Celsius. Water that is too cold or too hot will lead to a loss in quality and taste. Although cold brew does not require heat.
Are all coffee makers the same?
Different coffee makers produce different types of coffee. The temperature of water and time can affect the brewing. The basic concept of making coffee remains the same as ground coffee and water. But the brewing of coffee makers will affect the quality and taste.
Is the plastic in the coffee maker safe?
As long as they are periodically cleaned they are harmless. Most coffee makers use ABS plastic material that is harmless. You can always select a stainless steel coffee maker if this is an area that particularly concerns you.
Are cold brew coffee makers worth it?
Cold brew coffee makers produce a stronger flavor of coffee than regular coffee. As cold brew coffee is not exposed to heat, it produces a sweet and smooth flavor. It is perfect for anyone who wants more caffeine in their coffee.
Tags: smooth coffee, green robusta coffee beans, lions mane mushroom tea, best pour over coffee dripper, genmaicha tea bags, use coffee beans in an unusual way, how to make a Irish coffee, black tea, strongest coffee in the world, camping coffee percolator